Hockey Finder Cancellation Policy
The cancellation deadline for all divisions is 30 days prior to the start of the season. A full refund of league fees will be issued for qualifying cancellations. Jerseys are refundable if returned to Hockey Finder unused and in like-new condition. Absolutely NO cancellations will be processed within 30 days of the start of a season, with two exceptions. 1) a registered player may transfer their registration to another person (must fit the skill level of the division), at which point a refund will be issued; and 2) there is someone on a waitlist for the respective division willing to take the place of the rostered player requesting a refund. Hockey Finder will refund the amount paid by the waitlisted player minus a $20 administration fee.
Hockey Finder, LLC Release of Liability and Indemnity
Hockey Finder offers its services to its members. Membership is a privilege, not an entitlement, and Hockey Finder may change its services and suspend, terminate or restrict your membership at any time if it believes that this is reasonably justified. In the event that Hockey Finder changes its services, suspends, terminates or restricts your membership in the circumstances, you may not be able to access our services temporarily or permanently and you are prohibited from applying for a new account. To be a member, an individual must accept and understand the terms listed below.
I agree to the following:
* I will always wear a helmet while participating with Hockey Finder, LLC (“Hockey Finder”) and its Hockey ice rink locator program (“Program”);
* I will skate safely and in control at all times;
* I will not engage in fighting or other assaultive behavior while participating in the Program;
* I will not engage in any illegal activity while participating in the Program;
* I do not suffer from any health condition that prevents me from ice skating and/or playing the game of ice hockey; and
* I agree to abide by and be bound under the rules of Hockey Finder LLC, including the By-Laws of the corporation and the arbitration clause provisions, which are available upon request.
* I consent to the use, without compensation, of pictures, name, voice or likeness for promotional, television, radio, or film coverage of Hockey Finder LLC events.
IN CONSIDERATION OF being permitted to participate in Hockey Finder and its Program, on behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, I hereby:
1. Acknowledge that my participation in this Program is voluntary and acknowledge, understand and assume all risks relating to ice hockey and any member team activities, and understand that ice hockey and member team activities involve risks to participant's person including bodily injury, partial or total disability, paralysis and death, and damages which may arise therefrom and that I have full knowledge of said risks. These risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of the participant or the negligence of others, including the "releases" identified below. These risks and dangers include, but are not limited to, those arising from participating with bigger, faster and stronger participants, and these risks and dangers will increase if participant participates in ice hockey and member team activities in an age group above that which participant would normally participate in.
2. Acknowledge that Hockey Finder is not responsible for the conditions of a particular ice rink or arena.
3. Acknowledge that Hockey Finder is not responsible for the actions and conduct of other individuals who may be playing hockey at a particular ice rink or arena.
4. Release and forever discharge Hockey Finder, local associations, member teams, event hosts, other participants, coaches, officials, sponsors, advertisers and their employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the "Releasees") of and from all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of action, including legal defense costs, attorney’s fees, and any other legal expenses of any type, (collectively the "Claims") in respect of death, injury, loss or damage to myself or property howsoever caused, arising or to arise by reason of or during my participation in the Program, whether prior to, during or subsequent to my attendance and notwithstanding that any claim may have been contributed to or occasioned by the negligence of any of the Releasees.
5. Indemnifies and holds harmless the Releasees from and against any and all liability incurred by any or all of them arising as a result of or in any way connected to my participation in the Program..
6. Understands and acknowledges that the Program does not carry or maintain health, medical or disability insurance coverage for the undersigned and therefore agrees to assume responsibility for such insurance coverage on the undersigned.
7. This agreement affects your legal rights, and you may wish to consult an attorney concerning this agreement. Participant (and participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) agree if any claim for participant's personal injury or wrongful death is commenced against releases, he/she shall defend, indemnify and save harmless releasees from any and all claims or causes of action by whomever or wherever made or presented for participant's personal injuries, property damage or wrongful death.
8. Participant (and participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) acknowledge that they have been provided and have read the above paragraphs and have not relied upon any representations of releases, that they are fully advised of the potential dangers of ice hockey and understand these waivers and releases are necessary to allow amateur ice hockey to exist in its present form.
9. Agrees only that laws of the state of Minnesota shall apply to the construction and application of the Agreement.
10. Agrees that in the event that any provision of this Release and Indemnity is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision will not affect the remaining provisions of this Release and Indemnity, which shall continue to be enforceable.
11. Verbal and Electronic Communication, Social Media, Blogs and Forums:
All members and players in The Hockey Finder Hockey League should speak in a positive, respectful manner about our Hockey Finder Hockey League community and stop gossip when heard. Rumor, hearsay, innuendo, gossip and/or slanderous statements verbally communicated, distributed via email, posted on social media sites (Facebook, etc), blogs or “forums,” by members of The Hockey Finder Hockey League will not be tolerated.
Participants, MUST refrain from making critical statements regarding the ability or performance of ANY hockey player. Positive reinforcement and encouragement to players is always welcome.
Statements (verbal or written) interpreted by the League Administration as being detrimental toward anyone involved in the Hockey Finder Hockey League, our opponents, referees or the program itself will be grounds for restrictions, suspension and/or dismissal from the Hockey Finder Hockey League.
All concerns should be directed to the league administration
12. If you are injured the captain(s), officials(s), or yourself may decide that you cannot continue to play in the game. If any of the proceeding parties recommend medical attention an ambulance or 911 is highly recommended to be called. No representative of the Hockey Finder Hockey League can directly be responsible for your transportation to the hospital. If someone volunteers to drive an injured player that is their sole decision and the Hockey Finder Hockey League assumes no responsibility for said activity.
13. Unconditionally release, waive, & consent not to sue Hockey Finder LLC, officers, directors, administrators, agents, coaches, other employees, and volunteers of Hockey Finder LLC, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, Minnesota Youth Athletic Associations, Minnesota Amateur Sports Commission, and State of Minnesota, for any & all liability to the undersigned, their heirs & next of kin. This is for any claims or losses on account of injury, including death, or damage to property, while participating in any & all of the Hockey Finder LLC’s official or unofficial activities, events, or competitions.
BY SIGNING UP TO PLAY, I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE READING, UNDERSTANDING AND AGREEING WITH THE FOREGOING. V. 9/20/15
Addendum V 5/22/2020
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to the Novel
Coronavirus / Pandemic / Covid-19
The Novel Coronavirus, Covid-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. Covid-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have in many locations prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Hockey Finder LLC has put in place preventative measures and worked with the facilities it operates in, to reduce the spread of Covid-19; however, Hockey Finder LLC cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with Covid-19. Further, attending sessions with Hockey Finder LLC could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting Covid-19. By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of Covid-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by Covid-19 by attending sessions conducted by Hockey Finder LLC and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by Covid-19 at a Hockey Finder LLC event, may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Hockey Finder LLCowners, officers, employees, sub-contractors, agents, volunteers, facility management & staff, program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connections with my child(ren)’s attendance in a Hockey Finder LLC event or any participation in Hockey Finder LLC programming (“claims”). On my behalf, and on the behalf of my child(ren), I hear by release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Hockey Finder LLC, its owners, officers, employees, sub-contractors, agents, representatives, volunteers, facility management & staff of and from the claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Hockey Finder LLC, its owners, officers, employees, sub-contractors, agents, representatives, volunteers, facility management & staff, whether a Covid-19 infections occurs before, during, or after participation in any Hockey Finder LLC program.