These are friendly mixed level hockey leagues. Players of intermediate levels (level 2-4) are welcome. The goal is to have a friendly no BS atmosphere and for players of all levels to be able to skate together. After each 11 week season teams will be reshuffled so we all get to play together. All 4 teams in each division either play at the same time or back to back at the same location so after each game players can hang out and socialize.
The first and most important rule of this league is that EVERYONE is to have FUN. These are mixed level games so by signing up to this league you acknowledge there will be less and more skilled players than you playing. Please be aware of this and do your best to include everyone in the game. Rough and unfriendly play will NOT be tolerated.
(a) All USA Hockey rules are in effect unless otherwise stated.
(b) Hockey Finder has final authority concerning all rules and regulations including, but not limited to, suspensions, expulsions and general discretion of conduct.
THE FOLLOWING RULES AND REGULATIONS HAVE BEEN DEVELOPED WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF THE HF ADVISORY BOARD AS WELL AS CAPTAINS OF THE LEAGUE TO HELP ENSURE PLAYER SAFETY AND MAINTAIN A FUN-FRIENDLY-SOCIAL LEAGUE.
1. This is a NO CHECK, NO BS, friendly league. Being ejected from a game will automatically receive another game suspension. A second ejection will result in an expulsion from the league without refund.
2. Absolutely NO FIGHTING. This will result in an automatic expulsion from the league without refund.
3. No slapshots - the hockey stick cannot break a horizontal plane. No faking a slapshot. Either offense results in a whistle and faceoff in offending player's defensive zone.
4. Face offs only at the 9 dots, nearest spot to the same zone that the puck was last played from.
5. End-zone faceoffs for penalties.
6. It doesn't happen very often, but if there's a blown icing call, restart at center ice instead of all the way down.
7. All games will be 60 mins and consist of 3 periods. 2 - 17 mins run time periods and a 3rd period based on the remaining time.
8. Last 2 mins of the game will be played stop time only if the goal differential is 2 or less (trailing team must watch the clock). Play shall not be stopped when the game is tied.
9. Entering the third period, a team trailing by five (5) or more goals will be allowed to ice one (1) additional skater for the remainder of the game or until the goal differential is less than 5.
10. If there are no referees then the game will be played pickup style with each team responsible for keeping their own score.
11. If one or both teams do not have a goalie the game will still be played as a regular game. If one goalie is missing that team will either use the place the goalie board on the net or play with an extra skater. If both goalies are missing teams will use the goalie boards or flip both nets forward from their pegs and have to bounce the puck off the back boards and in to score a goal. Refs will still do the game and everyone will make the best of the situation.
12. All players must agree to the league's terms and waiver. This is part of the online registration process.
13. Subs - Teams can only field players from their roster however a sub player can be requested from the league in certain circumstances:
Only request subs if your team has under 10 players or has no goalie.
All subs must have a waiver on file.
All subs must be registered with Hockey Finder, and be a current player in the league.
All subs must be cleared by admin or the opposing captain.
Subs are allowed during playoffs if the individual(s) is cleared by the opposing captain.
Failure to abide by these guidelines will result in an ineligible player and game technical forfeit.
Teams can use up to three (3) reserve players in any game; ie. 2 skaters and a goalie.
Non active players (not playing in the current season) may NOT be used for any reason.
14. Teams, as absolute last resort for competitive balance, may be subject to roster adjustments at any point in the season.
15. Only registered players on team rosters or on approved sub lists may play.
16. Alcohol Usage - The consumption of alcohol prior to the game at the arena is unacceptable. Players will not be allow to play should the captain and/or ref feels the player is under the influence of alcohol. The consumption of alcohol post game is at the discretion of the players. Hockey Finder in no way encourages or endorses the consumption of alcohol in the locker room, at the arena or on the arena premise.
Be aware of your ice time - Remember to take quick shifts and keep ice time equal.
These are mixed level games. Be aware of lower level players and give them time and space. Be aware of more skilled players and do not slash or hook them.
1. Any player having been assessed three (3) minor penalties in the same game will be automatically ejected from that game however no further discipline will result.
2. Players ejected because of a major penalty or a 10 min misconduct will automatically receive another game suspension. A second ejection because of a major penalty or a 10 min misconduct will result in an expulsion from the league without refund.
3. If a player is ejected during a second game in the same season this will result in an automatic expulsion from the league without refund.
4. A third ejection resulting from incidences from multiple seasons will result in an automatic expulsion from the league without refund.
5. Body checking penalties will be deemed as two (2) offences. Two (2) body checking penalties in the same game will result in the immediate ejection from that game plus a further game misconduct.
Tie break to determine playoff seeding - Head to head, then total wins, then goals against in head to head match up, then total goals against for the season, then total goals for in the season, then flip a coin.
If any playoff game should end in a tie a best of three shootout will be used to determine the winner. If still tied, a single player 1v1 sudden death shootout will be held until a winner is determined.
5 vs 5 Rules
1. Blueline icing.
2. Two line passes are ok.
3. 5 second faceoff rule. In order to maximize ice time and keep the game moving the refs have been instructed to drop the puck 5 secs after they get to a faceoff circle.
4. All minor penalties are two minutes and we be served as normal unlike the 3 vs 3 rules.
3 vs 3 Rules
1. Face-offs will occur only at the beginning of each period or in case of coincidental penalties (see Minor Penalties).
2. When play is stopped due to the goalie controlling the puck or a goal was scored, a whistle will signal the attacking players to vacate the zone. Once all the attackers have exited the zone, the players may re-enter to resume play immediately. They may not challenge the opposition until they have all exited the zone. Attacking prematurely may result in a penalty for the offending team.
3. There is no centre-ice (red) line, and therefore no icing calls or offside passes.
4. All offside plays at the blueline will be deemed delayed offside and the referee will call for the offending players to release the puck and exit the zone. Once all the offending players have exited the zone together, they may re-enter the offensive zone.
5. Teams do not switch ends after each period.
6. In the absence of a goaltender, teams will play with four (4) skaters. The fourth skater may not exit their zone except to change or in the last shift of the game. Fourth skaters are not required to change on the buzzer and can change at any time.
7. All minor penalties will result in an immediate breakaway situation for the offended player. The referee will place the puck on the centre face-off spot and the remaining players will line up, stationary, on the backside blueline. Play will commence on the referee s command and the shift resumes as normal. If the offended player is injured and unable to perform the breakaway, the coach will assign one (1) player from the ice to replace that player.
8. Coincidental penalties shall result in a faceoff at centre ice.