Arena: Keystone Centre
The Tournament of Champions Committee will be hosting their 52nd Annual Hockey tournament in February of 2023 in Brandon, Manitoba. The tournament’s goal is to provide a competitive tournament for Rep teams only.
Situated in the southwest corner of the Province of Manitoba, with a population of just over 48,000 people. We are a 2 hour drive from Winnipeg's James Armstrong Richardson's International airport and home to Brandon 's Municipal Airport where WestJet flies out of daily. We have a great working relationship with Brandon Bus Lines who has driven other travel teams around for their weekend stay.
We are fortunate to have a complex that has 3 ice surfaces under one roof. The Keystone Centre is home to 3 NHL sized ice surfaces, an indoor turf and sport court flooring. Our main arena, 5,101 seat Westoba Place, is home to the Brandon Wheat Kings of the Western Hockey League and serves not only as an ice rink, but can be converted to host concerts, and agricultural exhibitions.
The Keystone Centre is also home to the Enns Brothers Arena and Kinsmen Arena. Their unique parallel design allows them to share a concessionaire. Each arena has 5 dressing rooms, including a referee's room, brand new portable bleachers (900 capacity), electronic score clocks and in-arena sound system.
The other facilty we use is the City of Brandon's, Sportsplex which has an Arena, Olympic sized swimming pool and 3 Racquetball courts and is located in the North End of our city.
New to Brandon is the J&G Arena, which boasts a NHL sized ice surface, performance centre, mini ice surfaces, pro shop and restaurant.
the Tournament of Champions has several sponsoring hotels which are all in close proximity to all arena venues. The committee will be responsible for allotting teams into the hotels.
We will provide a competitive environment with staff on-site at all our hockey venues.
Brandon is home to 5 indoor arena's and is also home to the WHL's Brandon Wheat Kings. We will do our best to accomodate teams in order for them to attend a WHL game while in town.
For more information contact us at 204-729-3777 or email@example.com
A Round Robin Format will be employed in all divisions for preliminary round play.
All games will consist of 3 - 17 minutes. All stop time.
Each team will be guaranteed 4 games
Player of the game awards
Free Admission to all Tournament Games
Schedule will be posted on this website in January.
Any team cancelling after January 1, 2021 will be fined a portion or all of their tournament fee (descretion of Tournament Committee)
STANDARD HOCKEY MB. & HOCKEY CANADA RULES APPLY
PLEASE BE ADVISED
: The Tournament of Champions DOES NOT provide penalty box staff. We ask all coaches assist in closing the penalty box doors.
Game Sheets and Rosters
- Must be verified by the team manager before the first game.
– Each team will be given a four minute warmup. If late coming on the ice your time will be reduced.
– The ice will be cleaned after every two periods.
Players of the Game
- Players line up on their blueline at the conclusion of the game for awards. This is for ROUND ROBIN games only. Coaches pick your own teams player of the game and inform the timekeeper.
– The team manager and/or coach are responsible for the condition of the dressing room. Please keep them clean
. Locks will be available to sign out at the TOC office with a deposit.
Team Official Conduct –
Players that accumulate four minor penalties in one game will receive a game ejection for that game only.(Double minor is one penalty)
After Ice is Cleaned – Only players on the starting lineup are permitted on the ice
After the tournament has started there will be no team requests to change ice times or rinks.
Gross Misc. & Match Penalties – Players or coach will be suspended for the rest of the Tournament.
Should the tournament committee feel that any member of the coaching staff or team management has treated players, on-ice and minor officials with disrespect at any time, a suspension can be put forth. The tournament committee reserves the right to terminate any game progressing in an unruly manner and appoint a winner. If any team official is ejected from the game, he or she will be suspended for an additional two games.
– The mercy rule will apply when there is a six goal difference after the second period. If the lead is decreased to a five goal difference the clock will then stop after each whistle. Minor penalties will be two minutes. Run time as well.
– Each team is to carry two sets of jerseys to all games. If your team only has one set you must notify the tournament in advance. HOME
-White & AWAY
– There will be no overtime in any round robin play. If tied in playoff games there will be a five minute stop time sudden victory period (three on three). If still tied there will be a three player shootout format. If still tied it will be a one player shootout until a winner is declared. All players from a team must shoot before a player may shoot for a second time. Home team will have the choice to shoot first or last.
– All Categories - Games will consist of three 17 minute periods. All stop time.
TIE BREAKER RULES
The result of the round robin game involving the tied teams if two teams are tied. If three teams are tied, the team which has a 2-0 record against the tied team will advance. After one team advances, the tie breaker process begins again.
If teams are still tied after #1, then the team with the most wins would qualify.
If teams are still tied after #1 & #2 then the team with the best goal average would qualify. The goal average of a team is determined by dividing the total number of goals for and against into the total number of goals for. The team having the highest percentage winning the higher position.
– The game will score 3-0.
– One 30 second timeout per game including overtime.